About a year-ish ago I made new pillow covers for the couch pillows (see here and here). They have endured quite a bit of abuse from the children over the past year since they like to treat them as trampolines and the covers were looking pretty shabby. Before the baby was born I wanted to get new covers made since I knew I would be spending lots of time on the couch.
August decided to be born 6 days before his due date so they didn't quite get done. Since then I have managed to fit in 5 minutes of sewing here and there and somehow that was enough to get them finished.
Both pillows were made from scraps. This one from quarter log cabins:
this method) and are backed with Essex linen in black.
I was positive that one of my pillow forms was 2" bigger than the other so I made a 20" pillow and an 18" pillow. But it turns out that the pillow forms are the same size and 19" pillows would have been perfect for both of them. Oh well, maybe I will remember next time.