I had some small scraps from a quilt-that-I-can't-share yet (sorry, I hate not being able to share) and even though I desperately wanted to hoard them, they are really perfect for my friend. Over the past couple weeks I have slowly been cutting out the Single Girl templates and then the fabrics so putting this quilt together over the holiday weekend went pretty quickly.
I added a few prints and solids from my stash. I ended up using the template for the inner arc to round my corners. This is the first time I have tried rounded corners on a quilt and it went surprisingly smoothly. I do wish that I had added a thin border to the sides, but it turned out that I wouldn't have had enough of the binding fabric so I'm okay with it.
My kids wanted to "test out the quilt" to "make sure that it works" so they had a little fun with it this afternoon.
I quilted it with flowers (thanks to this tutorial) except for some reason I find it really hard to do that 5th petal so mine are more like butterflies.
I backed the quilt with a pink minky dot. This is the first time I have used a minky that I bought at Joann's and it seemed to have a little more stretch to it than what I've used in the past. It wasn't too big of a pain, but it definitely took more care and caution. The kids couldn't help but touch it. I do like a minky backed quilt.
They definitely put the quilt through some rigorous testing.
Even Superman approved.
Several of my friends are having babies in the next few months so expect lots more baby quilts from me!